Sunday, April 20, 2008

Gratitude

A thank you and gratitude go to God and all who help me get through a day. I suppose I should make this more a blog and gratitude journal instead of just a repository of stuff I want to reference at some point. Ok. I'll try here. Some of the things on my mind include the Bella Voce singers at http://www.bellavocesingers.com/ with several concerts coming up. Well, here we go with a listing of things I want to reference -

Sat. 17 May New Ulrect Concert Series
Sunday 28 May St. Saviour's Church
Fri 30 May Women and AGirls Choir Festival
Sunday 1 June 7:30 Good Shepherd Church

I'm also thinking alot about environment-related issues. A Keller-Williams group (Stewart team) has a sign up on the property south of Hawthorne and a presentation was made by a city hall about a possible plan, similar to previous plans to put in a street. I'm looking forward to the walk in the HH park.

I'm also thinking a lot about a good way to handle the eco-friendly invitations for the fund-raiser for the Friends of Euclid Creek. Alphagraphics and the Repro Center were mentioned. Automated Graphics was also mentioned at http://www.ags.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=static&path=/capabilities/capabilities.html

We saw Patton. George Scott has the lead role with Karl Malden as General Omar Bradley. The acting is wonderful, so believable that this is how things happened and how people acted during those times. Bradley was advisor to the move. Cuppola directs. Cinematography is also wonderful. The scene with the huge flag opens the movie. That of course is unforgettable. I do wonder if Patton with his thoughts of reincarnation could have been considered truly crazy. A lot of what he said in the movie made sense to me. :-) On a totally unrelated item and something that should not be part of this paragraph, we have been walking with Leslie, with yoga at the end, all on the same DVD.

Mrs. Vidmar is in my thoughts. She recently lost her brother. Her husband is ailing. My thought and prayers are so much with her. She is a very nice neighbor and so wonderful throughout the years to my mother and all of us.

No comments: