Sunday, September 23, 2007

Blog comments

Ok, here is my to do list when it comes to this blog.

1. Change the name of this blog (thanks to the SJE comment). I am open to suggestions. Let's have a contest! :-)

2. Provide more links and do less copying (thanks to the MP comment). I plan to do this unless my reading public objects. That reading public would be, what, all two of you?

And, by the way, what's in a name? Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet? Or, should I grow up and accept that I can't go through life using the word test when I don't know what to call a file.

And, another thing - is this blog typing or writing? What is the difference? Or, is the blog typing, writing, or copying? Or, is it all three? Or, mostly just copying? Now, there is something to ponder. Or, is it?

And, finally, is the unexamined life worth living? Or, is there just a bit too much blogging going on here, with me blogging more than living?

Enough of this introspection - time to do some more stuff so I can have more entries for this blog. Other items on my to do list -

1. Blog about Bernstein's book about Hillary? It's as long as a Harry Potter book. That is the first observation. Superficial, but true.

2. Lighten the shots of the deer in our back yard. The shots were taken at dusk and the pics are dark on the blog but look ok in the camera.

I notice I like to put unrelated things together. Well, "like" is probably not the right word. I put unrelated things together often - in this blog and in life. Is this the sign of a weak mind or a great one? Ha ha haha hahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha! I think I know the answer to that one. :-)

Who puts a postcard on their blog? Well, this is one of my favorite postcards. Now, I'll also add an unrelated photo (why is my mouth open in the picture, isn't the blouse nice?, I am with a local movie star, my cotton candy hair is better than no hair.). I'm excited about the deer at dusk photo which I need to lighten. Can't resist putting the shot on already. I think it looks good when you click on it to enlarge.





3 comments:

mkp said...

A new blog name seems like a good idea. Do you have signed model releases for the photos on the blog?

I'll think about the name and get back later. If you change just one letter you will have jpevansbest. Or if you move to California it could be jpevanswest. I think i've got it jpevansquest. With a software spin it could be jpEvansQuest.

I am going to try to get the book Good Calories, Bad Calories, Challenging the Conventional Wisdom on Diet, Weight Control, and Disease Gary Taubs, when I meet R at Southpark today.

mkp said...

Did you get my comments with blog names? I sent them this morning. All they require is one letter change. jpevansbest, jpevanswest (If you move to California), or my personal favorite jpEvansQuest. Also, do you have a signed model release for the photos?

mkp

jeanetteevans said...

Hi MKP.

I got the comments and made some changes to the welcome section. A couple of people like the jpevansbest idea. But, I think the best is yet to come. :-) How about jpevansfest or jpevansjest or jpevanspest or...

Actually, I took the coward's route with my new blog name.

I want to hear about that book. The part about disease sounds interesting as does all of it.