Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ivy, Rodeo,Taza

More unrelated stuff. The shot of Ivy with the chipmunk in her mouth got away from me. Speaking of getting away, believe it or not, shortly after I took this picture, the chipmunk actually did get away, scampering away. This is what I would call playing possum or playing dead, for sure.

Onto other matters (pictures and words do not go together)- our last dinner at El Grand Rodeo was as good as ever. My cheese chile relleno and salad were excellent as was the house red, a cabernet savignon, and chips with salsa that was not too spicy hot. I'm glad I remembered the Grand part of El Grand Rodeo, not to be confused with the previous name, El Rodeo.

Taza was also good. I had an excellent salad with http://www.etonchagrinblvd.com/dining.php reminding me that Taza "guarantees each individual guest an exotic and unforgettable experience committed to the meaning of Taza, which is fresh. We promise you the freshest of ingredients and the deepest of flavors that will keep your mouth watering for more." My spinach salad was fresh enough with feta, chopped cucumbers, grape tomatoes, walnuts, and raspberry vineagrette, all acceptably fresh.


Hackers, at the corner of Highland and Bishop, was surprisingly acceptable as well. My house salad there included a variety of lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and, actually, I can't remember the rest. Maybe it was not the most memorable meal on earth, but I would definitely go back again.

3 comments:

CAWA said...

I cannot believe that picture of Ivy!!! But mom, I think it is time to take "test" out of the name of your blog.

CAWA said...

I want to put that picture of Ivy on MEIN BLOG! It is so good!

jeanetteevans said...

Yes, it is nice to see Ivy being outsmarted. Can you see Chester in the lower left corner?